13 September 2010

Journey into madness - Deep One hybrids

Another little batch of EM4 models from the 25mm Cthulhu range, I cannot say I'm overly pleased with these models. There are actually some very cool 28mm Shadow over Innsmouth Deep One hybrid models out there ( http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?topic=12794.0 ) . These minis from EM4... I guess they are OK but there are two things that bother me.

First of all, the tiny size. They don't mix well with the 25-28mm Gothic Horror range. And they are among the smallest miniatures from the Cthulhu range as well. Second thing that bothers me is the way they are sculpted - it really makes them a pain in the ass to paint, their clothes have lots of creases which I think would be OK on a larger model but these barely 25mm models just look messed up.

I also have a blister of crossbow armed monks that I will use as cultists (possibly of Hastur), a couple of Byakhee (these are big and menacing) and a blister of minis that will be used as federal agents. I've also looked into the "Sloppy Jallopy" ranges of WW1/interwar vehicles and I may get 1-2 truck depending on what they cost sometime next month. Then of course I still have a lot of freakish miniatures left from my Malifaux pile of unused Gothic Horror models which will serve both games.

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Thanks for the post. I was wondering about the size of the EM4 hybrids. Did you purchase your Byakhee from EM4 as well? What minis are you going to use as your agents?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Joe,

    Yes the Byakhee is the EM4 one as well (I also bought more Servitors of outer Gods).
    The Byakhee is really big - the whole Cthulhu range from EM4 has extreme variations in size and scale imo while calling itself "25mm". These Hybrids are 25mm top to bottom, and about 23 toe to eye level I presume.

    For the Federal Agents I bought a blister called "London Detectives" from the Gothic Horror /West Wind Productions range - they look perfect for what I intend to use them for.

    I hope to paint up more stuff this week and the Byakhee are pretty much next in line.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...