17 June 2011

Wargamers nightmare

This has really nothing to do with anything but I thought I might share this for the laughs. It is only on rare occasions that I remember dreams or nightmares - and I'm not one of those people who have a little notebook where I write down what I've dreamt. Most of the time I forget the dreams after waking up anyway. Today I just had a completely random dream that was related to wargaming.

For some reason I dreamt that I had taken not only one but two large commissions, and as dreams go - it started without explaining why or how - I just found myself in my room staring at a huge pile of plastic Napoleonic sprues and small indiscernible metal models. I could just feel the panic rise as I thought "how the hell am I supposed to paint all this crap?!" while also thinking about the long painful hours of doing those two orders before being able to go back and paint my own stuff.

I have nothing against Napoleonics, but I get a headache just thinking about painting 10 blocks of 50 infantry men each – all featuring the time consuming color of white (painting Austrians would kill me).

That's what I get for googling around and checking out Napoleonics before going to bed.

7 comments:

  1. It's brought me out in a cold sweat just reading it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Napoleonic. If you wanted to define the ultimate in painting stamina, it must be a Napoleonic army. If I may be so bold, I think you need a wee break from the minis, perhaps?

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Mr Saturday, you're probably right. I do have an end in sight on several ongoing projects however. The Flames of War army I have is 1.5 platoon from being completed (built and painted) I don't think I will expand it for a few months at least. That has been the biggest project for me this year and taken lots of painting hours.

    I also admire anyone who does get himself pulled into 28mm Napoleonics. I think that period is best reserved for 15 or 6mm models as painting rows upon rows of marching soldiers got to be the most mundane thing in this hobby.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We forget dreams for a reason after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hehe, your nightmare is my reality! Im currently trying to paint up a unit of 21 Nap. highlanders, and my motivation is low :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahh napoleonics they really are quite knackering mentally, probably the reason that no matter what I try I just can't paint more than one or two.

    ReplyDelete
  7. i belive that dream to be your soul telling you to paint my 28mm nappy hoards..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...