05 February 2013

Harley Quinn painted up

Harley Quinn painted up, Thomas will make his own custom base so I left that detail alone.
I had some problems making the sooted eyes look good on this mini. It took me several attempts and before I landed on the current version the eyes looked like everything from bruised/drugged, old hooker look, emo look to plain crazy eyes. I finally settled for the current version.

Not much more to say really, I painted her to look the way she does in Batman: Arkham City as I think that is the best look.  There was always the option to paint her "in mourning" the way she looks in "Harley's Revenge" but then the color palette would be quite dull.

I check the scale over at Knight Models, the Batman miniatures are 35mm foot to eye, so rather big and not really compatible with anything but really beefed up "Heroic" scale stuff. Though they seem to be sculpted in a realistic fashion rather than heroic proportions, a lot like  "Hasslefree Miniatures" which has slender females and very tiny and thin details.

IMPROVED PAINTJOB http://anatolisgameroom.blogspot.se/2013/02/harley-quinn-repainted-face-and-minor.html

8 comments:

  1. Great paint job, looks really good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another great piece of work Anatoli!

    It's a real shame about the scale they chose for these figures. They look great, but being as large as they are I have no interest in adding them to my collection. They're simply too big.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, if I buy one or two it will only be to paint them up as display models with a scenic base. Wonder if they will release the rules in English, they are free to download from Knight Models in PDF format but are in Spanish... From what I could interpret it looked interesting though.

      Delete
  3. Nice work, I really think they are missing a trick doing them in 35mm but hey ho.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. On one hand I can understand the reasoning as it forces people to buy the official products only and thus Knight Models probably make more money.

      On the other hand I wonder how many are put off by this odd scale, people who would probably have bought the official miniatures and added them to their existing collections anyway and not proxied with Heroclix or something similar.

      But then it's not only a matter of mixing miniature ranges, it's also about having terrain that matches the scale and so on so adding everything up I think the K.M. range is at an disadvantage having taking this route.

      Delete
  4. Not sure I'm keen on this psycho prostitute look vs. the old comic clown suit Harley. But you did a nice job here. Eyes are almost always a chore to paint well and doing these must have been a nightmare. But making them too prominent would have looked goofy rather than sinister.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...