26 June 2013

Star Wars Y-wings with improved paintjob

I had to improve the paintjob a bit more, as I mentioned at the end of my Y-wing review I forgot that the cockpit of the Y-wings are usually white with a color tactical marking. So I added the white paint to the Y-wing cockpit and think the miniature looks damn good now and I'm very happy I spent 20 minutes on this quick improvement.

Vallejo paints, which I'm using, really stick well to the pre-painted surface of the FFG factory paintjob. You can actually use it as an undercoat if you want to make a full re-paint of your miniatures. I'm very happy with the quality of the paintjob on all other model's I have bought so far so I will not bother doing anything unless with the rest.

You can compare this to the factory paintjob that I got on these two right here below:

6 comments:

  1. Nice I love it. I been thinking of making some grey squadron Y-Wings but have yet to put brush to model, but you sir have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go for it! It's very easy to "repaint" the Y-wings compared to the other fighters as the cockpit is very isolated from the rest of the model and thus easier to paint without worrying about the rest :-)

      Delete
  2. God, so many bad memories of trying to finish missions in these freaking flying coffins in "X-Wing vs. Tie Fighter". Are they still essentially well-armed death traps?

    Nice repaints though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I'm currently replaying X-wing: Alliance and am experiencing the same panic attacks of flying missions in them as I had in the older X-wing and X-wings vs Tie FIghter games :D

      Yep they are as you say well armed coffins.

      Delete
  3. That's a big improvement for such a small amount of work.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...