23 November 2013

Empire of the Dead: Tom Gaunt vampire hunter

I don't know if this is an original character or some obscure character from a book/comic - but I liked the sculpt and while I was painting it struck me that he would be perfect to use as a Victorian edition of Simon Belmont from the Castlevania games. The idea instantly sparked a Castlevania scenario with Gentlemen fighting to liberate a Vampire and zombie infested eastern European village. If I get around to run a demo of Empire of the Dead at a convention I will have to make sure to use that idea.

8 comments:

  1. Nice job. Not sure what he's based on either yet as there is a lot of characters such as Burke and Hare who are used in the Mark Hodder Burton and Swinbourne novels. His outfit is very undertaker like. But I can't find any reference to it.

    He's one of my favourite characters I may have him leading a Wolfen Jaegar list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful paintjob, very inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome painting as we came to expect from you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bruke and Hare are real life grave robbers turned serial killers I'm working on a post about them. I don't know who Tom Gaunt is but the name sounds familiar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yeah I read about Burke and Hare, have the models as well (they look great) - Tom Gaunt sounds familiar to me as well but I could not find anything online related to the name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I give up can't find no reference to the name at all. I can't help but think its Dickensy for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think voldemort's mother's surname was gaunt and his first name is tom... Perhaps a bit far fetched...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...