30 May 2015

Chain of Command German SS platoon beginning

I've had in mind a Chain of Command "Late War" project for over a year but it wasn't until I bought the WW2 cityscape in 15mm that it finally took off. I'm currently painting a platoon of SS Panzergrenadiers - which will have extra riflemen so that they can be played as both a regular infantry platoon as well as a Panzergrenadier platoon. I'm painting them with several different camo patterns to get that broken up late war feeling.

On the side I also bought a Puma and a StuG. Both vehicles were completely painted but I added some more dirt, camo netting and fixed the paintjob where the paint had chipped etc.

My opponent will be playing late war Soviet infantry.

Hope to get a game of Chain of Command in two weeks, maybe earlier. 

Very psyched for this now, I needed something different from the By Fire & Sword stuff that have been my primary focus over the past two years or so and going back to WW2 in 15mm on a skirmish level is very fun and enjoyable to paint.

Once the late war stuff is finished I will proceed to paint up an Early War Polish infantry & cavalry platoon on single bases as well.

9 comments:

  1. I've heard good things about CoC, and I've got a bunch of FoW-based WWII stuff that's been sitting around unused for about a year now...

    Maybe a rebasing project is in my future?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also tempted to make a shortcut with my already painted up Poles for FoW - but... knowing me I will just find another game at a company level and be forced to paint up more multi-base minis in the future so I skipped that idea :-D

      Delete
  2. I will also be starting my CoC set up soon. Mine will be a travel set in 20mm and Pacific Theatre. I look forward to seeing how yo progress and how that might inspire me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been playing it in 28mm and really, really enjoyed it. Much better that Bolt Action but slower too. In fact, I built a Brit Para force for both CoC and BA, but also with SOTR in mind too. So I just need to add some Weird elements to the mix and it should be good to go!

    http://tasmancave.blogspot.com/2014/02/red-devils-platoon.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some great minis Paul!

      Delete
    2. Thanks mate, thats strong praise coming from you! Actually they are probably the best 28mm painting I have done I think. They just really clicked for me.

      Delete
    3. PS What are your SS guys based on? They look nice and sturdy without being to big

      Delete
    4. I use 15mm round laser cut bases from Warbases.uk.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...