24 August 2015

Polish 1939 Chain of Command platoon almost finished

Some pretty bad "nighttime" pictures taken with abysmal lightning but since I'm off on a vacation trip tomorrow this is as good as it gets until I get back home next week.

I painted like mad to get it finished before the trip and almost managed to paint it all - only the light mortar is left to paint and that won't take long. Had to scratch build a light mortar since I wanted the core platoon painted in the same colors even though I could have used one of the Flames of War light mortar teams I already have.

The platoon is huge:

HQ: Lieutenant and staff sgt
2 man anti tank rifle team
3 man light mortar team

3x 18 man rifle squads with integral BAR rifle support

Fortunately, I have a TON of support options already painted up for my Flames of War collection. So all the tanks, trucks, tankettes, guns and infantry support teams are ready to go :-)
Really looking forward to play Early War Chain of Command again!

I promise to post better pictures when I get back home.

3 comments:

  1. Very nice indeed! Fantastically fast, quality work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great. I will be very interested to see how the battle goes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the looks of these. I've always liked early war Poles. I think they get a bad reputation because of what they were up against. Frank Chadwick did a great talk at Historicon a few years back about the WWII Polish forces and their relative quality. He also thinks they're unjustly classified in most rule sets. Good soldiers, bad situation.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...