11 May 2016

Viking warlord Ragnar Lothbrok

A few weeks ago, after much deliberation, I decided to pick up SAGA. A decision heavily influenced by the Show Vikings (though not as good this last season as it used to I still like it).

I made a big order from Wayland Games but am still waiting for my Gripping Beast SAGA metal minis to arrive. I ordered a mix of miniatures and dice to be able to field Vikings, Jomsvikings and Anglo Danes. While I was waiting I saw that Hasslefree Miniatures released miniature versions of Ragnar Lothbrok and Lagertha lookalikes from the show Vikings and I immediately ordered both.

I figured I would use Ragnar as a Viking warlord, and Lagertha as a warrior for the regular Viking faction. I realize the Hasslefree miniatures will look slim next to the Gripping Beast minis, but on the other hand, Ragnar in the TV show is not very bulky or tall so it should work.

Since I want to have the option to field the Ragnar miniature in other games and settings I made a double base. 40mm warlord base for SAGA and a smaller 25mm base for other games such as Frostgrave and the like. The bases are magnetized so the miniature can be moved about without problem while standing on the larger base without losing it.

8 comments:

  1. Nice work Anatoli. :)

    I hope you enjoy your SAGA gaming. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great miniature. The Hasselfree minis are always a good election.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the kind words guys.

    Still waiting for my Waylandgames order to change status from "paid" to "shipping"... *sigh*... hope that it will arrive next week. Very frustrating to have this energy and will to paint but not have the minis.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Hasslefree... how amazing your figures are. And you really captured the character of this cocky bastard on this one!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...