09 October 2016

Pictures from SAGA and M&T demo games

Demo'd both SAGA and Muskets & Tomahawks for my friend Magnus today down at the club and snapped some more photos of minis in action. I don't have much in the way of a writeup except that we played Anglo-Danes vs Vikings and we had a good time. I really like the fast paced nature of SAGA, it really feels like you could squeeze a game in at around 60 minutes if all rules are in place.

For Muskets & Tomahawks we played a tiny 200point game, with me running British made up of Highlanders and Rangers while Magnus fielded French Regulars backed by indian allies. My mission was to scout the table, while Magnus had to wipe out some innocent civilians living in a small farm at the center of the table. Let's just say that the civilians will be deployed in such a way so that they can make their escape next time :-D

I also spent a couple of hours last night making unit cards with stats for the troops I own for Indians, French and British and they really came in handy today. Magnus and I talked a bit about replacing the activation cards for chips instead and how you could use tokens from warbases with custom artwork to represent the same information that you get on your cards. That way you don't have to worry about damaging your cards and can just draw tokens from a cup or a bag. I will at the very least buy more plastic card sleeves for protection until I come up with a more durable solution since shuffling the fragile M&T cards always slow down the turnover sequence for me.


2 comments:

  1. Love the Dark Age stuff! Those hand-painted shields look particularly excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice all round! Love the M&T goodies in particular :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...